How to unhide 6000 pages of posts?

On 8/29/2020 at 12:25 PM, jaeitee said:

After a conversion Hidden Content -> All Content has some 6000+ pages of hidden posts.
Is there a quick way to unhide all of these?

I came across this post however it was per user.

Depending on your comfort level with SQL, you can likely handle this there, yet there be dragons.

What do you want to do? Unhide them or keep them hidden and remove them from the Mod CP approval queue?

The value you're looking for lives at forums_posts.queued. There are also fields in forums_topics at the topic level, and representations of whether or not queued posts live in the given topic. See forum_topics.approved and topic_queuedposts.

Danger danger danger, but doable. Backup everything before playing. 🙂

computer working GIF

37 minutes ago, Paul E. said:

Depending on your comfort level with SQL, you can likely handle this there, yet there be dragons.
What do you want to do? Unhide them or keep them hidden and remove them from the Mod CP approval queue?

My intention is to unhide the whole lot in one swoop 🙂   They're not in the Mod CP Approval queue, if they were it would be far easier 🙂 
Mod CP > Hidden Content > All Content. 6500 pages, 160,000+ posts.
The only way to unhide these via Invision is to open the discussion they're in one by one and press 'Unhide.'
That's a few months of human effort, or at a rate of 1 every 10 seconds 7.4days non-stop 😄 

The value you're looking for lives at forums_posts.queued. There are also fields in forums_topics at the topic level, and representations of whether or not queued posts live in the given topic. See forum_topics.approved and topic_queuedposts.

Thanks.

Danger danger danger, but doable. Backup everything before playing. 🙂

computer working GIF

Absolutely, and great pic 🤣

1 hour ago, jaeitee said:

My intention is to unhide the whole lot in one swoop 🙂   They're not in the Mod CP Approval queue, if they were it would be far easier 🙂 
Mod CP > Hidden Content > All Content. 6500 pages, 160,000+ posts.
The only way to unhide these via Invision is to open the discussion they're in one by one and press 'Unhide.'
That's a few months of human effort, or at a rate of 1 every 10 seconds 7.4days non-stop 😄 

Since this came through a conversion, what's the chance this conversion was done on a test environment and not in your production environment? We ran many, many tests, taking upwards of a week each to identify issues with conversion from vBulletin, and identified all sorts of them. Fixing issues in the conversion script made the clean up process much easier for us in the end.

If that were the case, correcting the problem in the conversion script would be ideal. If this is the end result you're stuck with in your production environment, then back to plan B. But, I'd recommend coming up with a SQL fix and testing it in a copy of your production environment so you're sure you're happy with the outcome before doing it live.

software consulting GIF

@Paul E. thanks for the guidance, looks like I have nutted it out 😄   
I've been doing all this in a test environment using the testinstall license, as this community is being merged in to an existing live community. 
This wasn't an issue with the conversion script, the posts were actually hidden.  The previous site owners had set it up that you would signup and post, however to unhide those posts and be able to engage in the community they charged a fee.  Many would post, and clearly didn't feel value in paying to release their posts and would just leave.  Racked up quite a few posts 🙂 

1738029991_ScreenShot2020-09-01at12_55_18pm.png.db7a0c064f1c32819d7685c0710c833e.png  

forums_topic topic_hiddenposts
These contain the count for how many posts in the topic are hidden, set to 0.

forums_topic approved
These control if the topic is hidden or not, set to 1 for approved. 

forums_posts queued
These control if individual posts are hidden or not, set to 0.

All posts are now shown and seem to be working.  Now to just see if it breaks anywhere else 😂

Thank you again for all your help.

6 minutes ago, jaeitee said:

Now to just see if it breaks anywhere else

The only other thing I would wonder if it would be affected in any way would be search results. You may need to rebuild search index (not sure if elasticsearch knows about hidden posts in any capacity, or if the status of results returned by elasticsearch are joined to their current state in SQL).