Moved from 3.4 to 4.4 Couple of questions if you have time?

Sorry to be a pain. I have most things sussed out. But a couple of questions I have been researching and hoping someone can clarify for me.

1. If I am using the regular basic block manager and I put a block somewhere, is there any way to make the block only appear in only certain forums, and not all?
    Without using any .css or coding edits unless they are simple?
  2. The bug in iOS...where the next letter does not capitalize when you press return, this was never solved right? No point me looking for a solution?
  3. After the upgrade., a significant but unknown number of members were unable to log in using either their display names or email addresses, and using passwords that were known to be correct. The passwords just didn't work for some reason. If I edit their pass and change it, they can log in fine suddenly. But an unknown number have never managed to find their way back in. Is this a known issue and any way to solve it?
  4. I would like to have a simple ticker streaming an RSS news feed across the top of my forum. Is there anyone who can tell me very simply how to accomplish this? Just a bar across the top of the screen scrolling a news feed that I choose. I have Pages and the other requirements but no knowledge how to do it. Can pay a nominal amount.
  5. Is there any way to truncate/shorten url's that people paste into posts? Sometimes the URL's are crazy long and for aesthetic reasons would like them auto shortened.

Appreciate any assistance with any of these.

Edited by Brian Robinson_47676
Solved #6

1) Not without using CSS. You would need to use the data-* attributes on the <body> tag to target the forum, then the specific unique class added to the widget to target the widget, presumably to add display: none; for specific forum ids.

2) I'm not too familiar with what you are referring to.

3) Unfortunately without specific examples and logging in to your community directly to inspect the database and test, this one is hard to comment on.

4) There's an RSS feed block, but not a "ticker" widget of any sort. This would require a customization.

5) I'm afraid there's no built in option for this.

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

ummm....

image.png.e0f65f4f2e2f0a96c5852e169b51cfd2.png

Brandon's answer was in response to question 5:

Is there any way to truncate/shorten url's that people paste into posts? Sometimes the URL's are crazy long and for aesthetic reasons would like them auto shortened.

6 was added later and yes, you are correct.

Thanks bfarber and Nathan.
Yeah, I deleted #6 as it became obvious this was built in.
Appreciate the feedback. So I need someone to do #4 for me...will check around for a paid solution.
#2 - This issue goes back to 2016 and appears was never solved.