From 3.4.8 to 4.4 - Is post number and share post gone?

Apologies that I am not aware of all that happened between 3.4.8 and 4.4, but I'm here now.
Had a few members ask me about post numbers, as they like to point out a specific post. Researching told me that post numbering was done away with, correct? It would require a plugin to get that working.
A few other posts referred to using the "share post" function to link to a specific post, not thread. But I cannot find the share post icon either.
So instead I wanted to confirm here that indeed, there is no post numbers anymore, and has share post also gone or do I need to enable it somewhere.
And is there still no easy way to point to a specific post?
Thanks all.

As Admin, both report and share are hidden to me. I logged in as a regular user and can see them. Is that consistent with others out there?
The share does give a link to the topic, but not a post. So am I correct there is no way to point someone to a particular post?

Edited by Brian Robinson_47676

3 hours ago, Brian Robinson_47676 said:

The share does give a link to the topic, but not a post. So am I correct there is no way to point someone to a particular post?

Unless it is the first post in a thread, the Share link DOES link to an individual poat.