How can I merge 2 users

I want to be able, just one time, merge 2 users without deleting one of them. Another way of looking at it is I want to move all the posts from one user to another user.

Is there an easy way to do this? Do I comment out some code in a core file to stop the deletion, merge the 2 users and then restore the core code and if so what code and where? Any other thoughts on how I could achieve this...thanks for any help

Firstly thanks @Rhett for your reply

Unfortunately that won't work. The situation is that I have a site that has been running for some time and naturally User #1 is Admin (me) which I have been using as my login, posting etc. and I wish to leave as the Administrator account. The situation now is that the site has grown and I need to differentiate myself and my posts from my Admin account. So I need to some way create another account, for example login "Ian" and have most of my previous threads and posts moved to the "Ian" user and leave "Admin" as is and as user #1

It would be easy if there was an IPS function to change the thread/post user to a different one which would have enabled me to just go through my posts and reassign the general discussion posts by "Admin" to the user "Ian"

That's going to be a tough one, to pick and choose which posts go on which account. That's not going to be doable without a ton of effort really, items are stored in many places, you have notifications, posts, topics, followers etc all to think about and likely more when performing such a task.