Agreeing to rules before entering a particular forum?

I could have sworn I saw this somewhere, but can't find it. Is there a way to force a user to agree to a set of rules for a particular forum before being accessed? Sort of "by continuing, you agree......"

I see where rules can be defined by forum, but no where to force an extra click.

Ideally these would appear any time a person clicks on a link to a thread within the forum, or is just viewing the forum thread list.

20 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I don't remember one to enter a forum; there's a plugin to agre with rules when creating topics.

Yes, I saw that one, thanks! I'm not sure if clubs provide this functionality, yet looking for a way to give notice and set expectations before entering a segment of the community. "There be dragons ahead" sort of thing.

Something like an interstitial page or dialog that appears, with forum specific information, such as: "Attention, you're entering the 4.5 beta forums. We have some specific rules about these posts and we need you to follow them. If you don't want beta related information, click the go back button. Otherwise, if you agree to reading all sorts of things about beta bugs, click agree to continue."

Ideally with the ability to configure once per session (agree every time you come back to the site and enter this area) or once per member (agree once and never be bothered again, unless maybe the rules change?) and enabled by usergroup (no sense in alerting a moderator, for example).

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Guy said:

I did something like that about 10 years ago, but I put a password on the forum and made the password public (in the description of the particular forum). By entering the password, the member was agreeing to the rules. That was a bit of a clunky way of doing it, but it worked.

Interesting approach. Yet, I agree a bit clunky.

Adding, that at least in the use case we have, we only want it to restrict people who can post. So, if it's a guest (or search engine), we don't want the restriction.

Edited by Paul E.

2 hours ago, Paul E. said:

Interesting approach. Yet, I agree a bit clunky.

Adding, that at least in the use case we have, we only want it to restrict people who can post. So, if it's a guest (or search engine), we don't want the restriction.

With mine, this was actually probably closer to 15 years ago and it was for a political section (politics always seem to find its way into all aspects of life). Politics being what they are... divisive... we wanted a special section just for it and to have it somewhat segregated and out of sight. A place where arguments could take place, but only in there. 

Of course, all of this was back in the early days of Invision, version wise. I'm sure there's much better ways of doing it now. But at that time, this worked for us.