Setting up Paid Downloads

Greetings,

I'm working on setting up paid downloads on my site.  After setting up the payment options and permissions, I uploaded a new file, set the price to $15, and purchased it using a credit card.  After doing so, I see the "Download this file" button, but I also see the, "Buy Now - $15.00" button, even though I've already purchased the file.  Why is this button still visible?

428892998_ScreenShot2020-04-27at1_17_08PM.png.90a01e759d7c402c4b0fac458483fae0.png

Thanks in advance for any insight.

..Al

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Because the user can purchase a second licence of the file. I understand that this should be optional by file but it's global.

How can I prevent this?  Settings for this are all over the place, so it's a bit confusing to setup.

Thanks,

..Al

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can't. It only checks if it's a purchasable file and show it again.

It can be "removed" with a plugin. Send a PM if you want me to take a look on it.

Thanks for the response.  I see it does the same thing here, never noticed that before.  Wish this was an option -- this just looks confusing to me, and is not the sort of thing I expected to see after buying the file.  I am absolutely going to be asked, "Why does it still show the purchase button after I already bought the file?"  I can see the case for someone wanting to purchase multiple licenses for a file, but I'd rather see a "Gift" option where you can purchase a license for another member of the forum.  Many digital stores offer this, and it's something I've used numerous times in the past when purchasing licenses.  And it's definitely something that would get used by people on my site.

Let me think about this before I take any action. 

..Al

21 hours ago, AtariAge said:

Thanks for the response.  I see it does the same thing here, never noticed that before.  Wish this was an option -- this just looks confusing to me, and is not the sort of thing I expected to see after buying the file.  I am absolutely going to be asked, "Why does it still show the purchase button after I already bought the file?"  I can see the case for someone wanting to purchase multiple licenses for a file, but I'd rather see a "Gift" option where you can purchase a license for another member of the forum.  Many digital stores offer this, and it's something I've used numerous times in the past when purchasing licenses.  And it's definitely something that would get used by people on my site.

Let me think about this before I take any action. 

..Al

Yeah it does the same thing in the IPS Marketplace and it's by design for users to purchase two or more of the same file.  

3 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Yeah it does the same thing in the IPS Marketplace and it's by design for users to purchase two or more of the same file.  

It would be really nice if you could "Gift" a digital purchase to another forum user (or someone who hasn't signed up yet by using their email address) in the Downloads application.  I think this would get quite a fair bit of use on my site.

..Al

Just now, AtariAge
3 minutes ago, Joel R said:

It would be really nice if you could "Gift" a digital purchase to another forum user (or someone who hasn't signed up yet by using their email address) in the Downloads application.  I think this would get quite a fair bit of use on my site.

..Al

You're welcome to post this into the Feedback forum or Customization Requests. I don't see this as being a core feature of Downloads but IPS does welcome all feedback.

• 10 months later...

I understand there may be some cases where purchasing multiple versions of the same file is needed, but surely for the majority of sites that is not the case?

I thought it was a glitch - I can't believe this is a built in feature that can't be adjusted.

@AtariAgejust wondering if you found a workaround, or @Adriano Fariaif you created a plugin around this?

I just find it really odd that there wouldn't even be an option to disable the buy now button after someone has bought the file.