Lots of users putting Mr or Mrs in Title field

Washerhelp

Hello there. I can't remember if the "Title" entry box when creating a topic has always been called title, or did it once used to be called, "Subject"? For some strange reason I am finding recently that a lot of people are posting on my forum and instead of putting the subject in the title box they are putting, Mr, or Mrs. At first I just thought these people were a bit dim, (to be honest it's hard to argue otherwise), but I must have had about a dozen over the last six months. I can only imagine they are of the, let's say, older generation. If it's always been called title then fair enough, but if it's been changed from something like subject, which I have to admit seems more appropriate I wonder if anybody else is having the same issue.

3 hours ago, Washerhelp said:

Thanks. It's not a big problem, though wouldn't "Subject" be better? That would avoid confusion from newbies and autofill?

You can use the language strings to "translate" any strong.  This is one of the easiest and simplest ways to customize your community.  

Archived