Send Message in record - Auto Fill recipient

DesignzShop

Hello,

I'm adding a send message button in the stock records display template in pages. I can't seem to get the message to display the article posters name when the message pop up comes up. I'm using this code here

<a href='{url="app=core&module=messaging&controller=messenger&do=compose&to={$member->member_id}" seoTemplate="messenger_compose"}' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-title='{lang="compose_new"}' data-ipsDialog-remoteSubmit data-ipsDialog-flashMessage="{lang="message_sent"}" class='ipsButton ipsButton_primary ipsButton_small'><i class='fa fa-envelope'></i> <span>  {lang="message_send"}</span></a>

Any help would be very appreciated.

Kind regards

Yes, I mean record author. I have this working perfect Daniel except it doesn't auto-fill the authors name into the pop up,, I'll attach a screen in just s sec

Ok,, in screen 1 is what I have

but when I click the message box, I need to autofill the username into where I have the arrow pointing below

It works for me with

<a href='{url="app=core&module=messaging&controller=messenger&do=compose&to={$record->author()->member_id}" seoTemplate="messenger_compose"}' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-title='{lang="compose_new"}' data-ipsDialog-remoteSubmit data-ipsDialog-flashMessage="{lang="message_sent"}" class='ipsButton ipsButton_primary ipsButton_small'><i class='fa fa-envelope'></i> <span>&nbsp; {lang="message_send"}</span></a>

spacer.png

Archived