Can't upgrade 3.4.6 to 4.4.7

Lucas Ulhoa

We have a massive DB. 6gb of data.

very old forum. 3.4.6, unable to upgrade to 4.4.7 because, well, because of this:

Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
(serverpath)/applications/core/setup/upg_40000/queries.json - query #236
ALTER TABLE `ibf_core_item_markers` ENGINE=MyISAM, ADD KEY `item_member_id` (`item_member_id`)

Ticket still stuck with level 1 because I DON'T KNOW. this has been dragged by IPS for three days now

Now the upgrade session is expired.

1 hour ago, bfarber said:

There's an index in that table that is causing issues attempting to alter the table. It will likely need a technician to assist, I'm afraid.

InnoDB will handle the situation well. but the upgrade script is forcing the change to MyISAM.

and the upgrade is stuck and I cannot rerun the upgrader again, it states that I'm do not have authorization to do that.

You may have to restore from a database backup if you reached a certain point in the upgrade but didn't get far enough. I really can't say from here without looking.

InnoDB actually has a smaller allowed key size (767 bytes rather than 1000) so that's not "the solution" specifically here. The system is likely changing the database table back to MyISAM because you that set as the database engine to use in conf_global.php.

5 hours ago, bfarber said:

You may have to restore from a database backup if you reached a certain point in the upgrade but didn't get far enough. I really can't say from here without looking.

InnoDB actually has a smaller allowed key size (767 bytes rather than 1000) so that's not "the solution" specifically here. The system is likely changing the database table back to MyISAM because you that set as the database engine to use in conf_global.php.

I didn't change. upg_40000 actually forces myisam isn't.

also, my databases are actually MySQL 5.7.23-23 - Percona Server (GPL), Release 23, Revision 500fcf5, wich, has InnoDB sized tables as 3072 bytes.

And least but not last, my database is almost 6.7gb. Inno handles this way, way better.

Archived