Permissions

Andrew Austin

Hey guys,

So this is my first Invision Community website and I'm stuck on permissions. So I'm trying to make it to where if you are NOT registered, you can only see limited tab on the top. Like the Home Button, Forums, Calendar, Downloads, etc. 

So my goal is to make it where if you are NOT logged into an account, you can't see some applications. But the second you register, they appear. I tried messing with the "Guest" permissions (Default Member I believe) and It didn't work, as well as a few other permissions. Hoping to see if anyone is beyond good at permissions willing to assist a noobie on this building. 

Thanks in advance!

Andrew A.

Just now, Andrew Austin said:

So this is my first Invision Community website and I'm stuck on permissions. So I'm trying to make it to where if you are NOT registered, you can only see limited tab on the top. Like the Home Button, Forums, Calendar, Downloads, etc. 

On ACP -> Applications page, click in the arrow beside the app name and you will see the public module with a pad icon on the right. Click on it and disable Guests in the popup. Do this for all apps you don’t want guests to access. 

45 minutes ago, Andrew Austin said:

@Adriano Faria 😄 You're awesome! Thank you! 

One more question. What about allowing a user to only see their own posts and nobody elses. Lets say the have access to a forum, but only when the user posts in that forum will said user see whats inside. BUT they cannot see other members posts. 

To allow users only view topics posted by themself would require each forum you need edit the permission in forum settings

1177672996_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.8fd62f67aabb0fef60b4681586c09fb9.png

turn this toggle off will allow only staff, mod and user view topics and no other user could see other posts part from ones they done.

Archived