facebook sharing shows blank image

Saurabh Jain

1 hour ago, Saurabh Jain said:

From that article:

Turns out, Facebook doesn’t like having an image served from a secure link to the og:image tag.

That’s nonsense.

And that URL you posted earlier as an example also works fine. Facebook’s crawler just doesn’t work in real time. If you post a link for the first time, the crawling isn’t ready yet and the link won’t have an image at first. Even using the Facebook Debugger might have the same result, but you can just hit “scrape again” several times until the image is finally loaded. It’s not user-friendly, but that’s just how Facebook works. There is nothing wrong on IPS’ side. 

47 minutes ago, opentype said:

From that article:

That’s nonsense.

And that URL you posted earlier as an example also works fine. Facebook’s crawler just doesn’t work in real time. If you post a link for the first time, the crawling isn’t ready yet and the link won’t have an image at first. Even using the Facebook Debugger might have the same result, but you can just hit “scrape again” several times until the image is finally loaded. It’s not user-friendly, but that’s just how Facebook works. There is nothing wrong on IPS’ side. 

I re saved this image and later it came 

I was experimenting how to get it....

in all other my site - it is perfectly fine... Only on this sit it is happening and for those posts which are two to three years old

Archived