Automatic update is not working

expeditedshipper

We have tried to update our Invision Community, but have experience issues with updating. This has occurred over multiple updates. When we attempt to update it, it will fail and we have to resort to updating manually. Can we please troubleshoot why this is the case? We'd like to have the update function fixed so we do not have to update Invision manually.

In the past, support has stated it's a permissions problem. We can't find any indication of a file or directory with the wrong permissions and are reluctant to force all of the permissions open for security reasons.

Unfortunately, our response would be the same. It's virtually impossible to determine why the automatic updates would fail without looking at the site directly.

If the owner of the license has added you as an Alternative Contact (with support permission), then you should be able to contact us directly rather than requiring them to be the middle-man (though, only the main license holder may download the full set of files from the client area).

Can one of you reach out to me directly here? He already added me as an Alternative Contact. Whenever I open a support ticket, I don't receive an email for it. It only goes to him and he has to forward each response to me.

It's my job to handle these IC issues and having him (CEO) in the middle of things agitates him (and myself).

I hope you can understand.

• Management
2 hours ago, expeditedshipper said:

Can one of you reach out to me directly here? He already added me as an Alternative Contact. Whenever I open a support ticket, I don't receive an email for it. It only goes to him and he has to forward each response to me.

It's my job to handle these IC issues and having him (CEO) in the middle of things agitates him (and myself).

I hope you can understand.

Make sure you submit the support ticket under your login and emails will go to you.

• Management

I'm sorry for any confusion @expeditedshipper - but you need to be logged in as yourself while submitting the ticket. That is, you need to login using your own email address to www.invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/ and then submit your request. 

I know you stated you did this, however, I have looked and confirmed you actually logged in using the primary account holder's credentials and then submitted the request. In that case, alternate contacts would not receive email notifications. 

On 8/24/2019 at 12:28 AM, Martin A. said:

Can confirm that I don't get notifications when I submit tickets as an alternate contact either.

I take that back. I was basing this on ticket #1041214, which was initially set to "This request is not related to any specific purchase", but later attached to a license I'm just an alternate contact on. For that ticket, only the primary account got the notification and not me. That might be a bug, but I don't know at which stage it was attached to that license. But I, as the submitter, should have gotten a notification nonetheless.

I did get a notification for ticket #1027137, which was intentionally submitted by me as an alternate contact.

Archived