Subscription expiration question

2dub

I'm setting up subscriptions on y site and want them to be only for a year. 

I see it has the option of "Reset groups when purchase expires or is canceled?" but it doesn't seem to allow me to set a term? 

Where do I set the length of the subscription?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Under the Price section, you need to tick the 'Renews?' option.  Once that's on, you'll have the option to set renewal prices and how often.  You'd type in 1 and change the drop down to 'years' to have it set to allow members to renew once a year.

• 9 months later...

I have done this, but there is no way to determine how many times it cycles. If I set my customer up for a monthly payment, it will invoice them indefinitely unless I manually go in and do something to it. How can we set up an expiration date after a certain number of payments? 

Edited by Katherine Grace Bond

I don't understand the logic behind this. Do you know? I'm trying to set up products with a monthly payment plan. Once they've paid for the product, I want it to stop invoicing/charging them automatically. Otherwise I have to figure out a way to stop that for every single customer. We've been frustrated enough that we are looking for another platform. 

And thank you for responding so quickly!

14 minutes ago, Katherine Grace Bond said:

I don't understand the logic behind this. Do you know?

Well, yes. It’s a subscription and that’s how subscriptions work in general. They renew until cancelled by the subscriber. 
A payment plan feature is something completely different and not available in the Commerce app at this time. 

Do you know if they have any plan to implement such a thing? I have not actually set these up as subscriptions, and you're right, that is the way a subscription works. I jumped on this thread because it was dealing with expiration dates, so I'm probably comparing apples and oranges (though I do think having an end-date option to a subscription would be useful.) I assumed there would be a way to do payment plans when I implemented the platform, and now I'm pretty invested. 

• 3 weeks later...