Social Media Promotion - Auto Scheduled Times

Bluto

Would it be possible to get a list of the auto scheduled times in the promote popup instead of just the next auto schedule?

If I have multiple times setup and I want to spread out the content over different times, it becomes a real pain to have to set a custom schedule when I already have all the auto schedules setup.  Only getting the next auto schedule options is limiting.

Also, when promoting a lot of content, I have to do it in batches of 5 or else twitter will lock my account.  Having different auto schedule times will allow me to promote a lot of content and span it out over time so that I won't get my account locked for social media posting too quickly.

Thanks!

677417721_Screenshotfrom2019-06-2704-27-42.png.c69dcad4393d49a6af940a3309b6f294.png

I did want to point out too that the auto-promotion feature is designed to automatically pick the next scheduled time that hasn't already been taken, however that last part was not working correctly. This has been resolved for our upcoming 4.4.5 release so that if you have 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 set up (for example), and 9:00 has something scheduled, the auto-schedule feature will now select 10:00 for the new thing you are promoting.

7 hours ago, bfarber said:

I did want to point out too that the auto-promotion feature is designed to automatically pick the next scheduled time that hasn't already been taken, however that last part was not working correctly. This has been resolved for our upcoming 4.4.5 release so that if you have 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 set up (for example), and 9:00 has something scheduled, the auto-schedule feature will now select 10:00 for the new thing you are promoting.

I'm curious why only one item will fill the slot?  I have a lot of items I promote, there is no problem sending out 5 tweets with 'next batch'.  I'd love the ability to have a list of the times available which I setup and pack 5+ tweets in that time slot.  IMO pre-determining the time is limiting - sure if you want to leave that option there but give me a list of the times so I can choose.  If I'm working at 3am and need the tweets to go out at 11 am, I have to enter a custom time or else they go out at 8, 9, 10, 11, etc. one each hour... I'm back to where I started.

2 hours ago, Bluto said:

I'm curious why only one item will fill the slot?

Because the original concept was to allow moderators with permission to go through and queue up a bunch of stuff to be promoted, but generally you don't want every thing promoted at the same time - you want it queued so it goes out at regular intervals. That was the reason.

4 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Because the original concept was to allow moderators with permission to go through and queue up a bunch of stuff to be promoted, but generally you don't want every thing promoted at the same time - you want it queued so it goes out at regular intervals. That was the reason.

I get that, but why didn't you guys make that more like - set a time in the back where the admin could set an interval of 15, 20, 30 minutes as an option instead of having to setup a time structure where I'd have to enter X number of times if I wanted to promote every 5 minutes.  IMO it would make sense if you had 4 options:  Next batch, auto promote time interval which is set in the back (every X minutes), custom times set in the back where you can choose when you promote w/ drop down in the frontend, or custom time you enter in the front end.

If I could just set the interval time to 5 minutes in the back end, that would be a lot easier to promote in mass.  Personally, I'd still like to see the custom times and a drop down of the option to promote at a specific time - that would work best for me so I could do 5 tweets at 8am, 5 tweets at 10:50, etc.

Archived