Tiered club membership fees

Giray

Few clubs have a single membership fee. Most have a tiered system (individual, family, lifetime, etc).

We need a mod that will allow us to offer tiered club membership fees.

I have ideas for possible additional features, will discuss if we find takers.

Am willing to pay if affordable or to split the investment with anyone who wishes to contribute.

Obviously, I think this should be an IPS core feature but I need this quickly. My new community business model is based on the ability to charge clubs and so far, all the clubs I have spoken to have told me the exact same thing, none of them have a single membership fee, they all have multiple options.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Pete T said:

I guessing the Nexus (store) or subscription options don't do what you need.

Hi Pete! Thanks. Not sure... Is there a way to connect a nexus product to a club fee? I couldn't find a way.

3 minutes ago, Giray said:

Hi Pete! Thanks. Not sure... Is there a way to connect a nexus product to a club fee? I couldn't find a way.

Not directly no but using group permissions yes as no matter how look this you need someone to make payment system and i find Nexus is already there so most of the work is already there, i not looked much how clubs can be used as paid membership, product mainly as don't use clubs but was looking see of Nexus could help on your request.

4 minutes ago, Pete T said:

Not directly no but using group permissions yes as no matter how look this you need someone to make payment system and i find Nexus is already there so most of the work is already there, i not looked much how clubs can be used as paid membership, product mainly as don't use clubs but was looking see of Nexus could help on your request.

Thanks Peter. I'll have to give this a second look. From memory, it was definitely not an elegant solution. All I'm really asking for is the ability to charge different levels of fees in the club membership. I keep hoping that IPS will make this a core function. I have just never heard (or rarely heard) of a club having a single club fee, they always have a tiered system for families, veterans, lifetime memberships, multi-year discounts, etc. Barring that, maybe someone will build an app...

One more thing, it's been said before, but we need club stores!!! Actually, that could solve the problem directly. You could charge membership as part of the store!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Giray said:

Thanks Peter. I'll have to give this a second look. From memory, it was definitely not an elegant solution. All I'm really asking for is the ability to charge different levels of fees in the club membership. I keep hoping that IPS will make this a core function. I have just never heard (or rarely heard) of a club having a single club fee, they always have a tiered system for families, veterans, lifetime memberships, multi-year discounts, etc. Barring that, maybe someone will build an app...

So did take quick look and seem unless mistaken needs nexus to allow paid clubs only the option will not show is no nexus is installed so this could be one many issues any developer would have make standalone application to your specs and also did notice only had one box add a price no multi options for membership based system.

20 minutes ago, Giray said:

I have just never heard (or rarely heard) of a club having a single club fee …

I think you are taking the word “club” too seriously. It’s not about bringing clubs from the “real world” on your site and having them manage their various memberships there. It’s just a space on your site people have to actively join before participating. In Facebook that is called “groups”, a competitor calls it “social groups”. IPS just went with the name clubs. The simplicity of these kind of self-managed member groups is part of the appeal. 

Considering this, I doubt the flexibility you need will become a core functionality anytime soon. 

Just now, opentype said:

I think you are taking the word “club” too seriously. It’s not about bringing clubs from the “real world” on your site and having them manage their various memberships there. It’s just a space on your site people have to actively join before participating. In Facebook that is called “groups”, a competitor calls it “social groups”. IPS just went with the name clubs. 

Considering this, I doubt the flexibility you need will become a core functionality anytime soon. 

Got it. What you say is unfortunate but makes sense. This said, why offer a payment structure? Even if it were 'internal' clubs, would it not make sense to offer multiple price points? Imagine wanting to offer a discount for veterans, which is my case, no way to do it. So, though I take your point, I think that the paradigm applies whether the clubs are 'real world' clubs or 'virtual community clubs'.

Archived