Convert forum post to support ticket

JReviews

Hi,

I would like to make the following suggestion. When using both the core for forum functionality and the Commerce app for support tickets I find my self VERY often asking users to create a support ticket to follow  up on a forum post. It would be great if instead of doing that I could click a button and automatically generate a ticket for that specific forum post which allows us to easily follow up in private.

Thanks for listening.

22 hours ago, JReviews said:

Hi,

I would like to make the following suggestion. When using both the core for forum functionality and the Commerce app for support tickets I find my self VERY often asking users to create a support ticket to follow  up on a forum post. It would be great if instead of doing that I could click a button and automatically generate a ticket for that specific forum post which allows us to easily follow up in private.

Thanks for listening.

41 minutes ago, dayh said:

Would actually be useful on this forum as well.

What about something like the Database Tickets mod: https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9085-database-tickets/

+ the "copy to database" feature which already exists in the IPS software?

That way if someone makes a post you want to convert into a ticket, it's a few clicks away. It isn't quite a convert but may meet needs? 

Works great. Thank you very much! The only suggestion I have is to automatically include the link of the current post inside the ticket body so it can be used as reference for the ticket. This can be easily copied before clicking the button, but it's an extra step.

40 minutes ago, JReviews said:

The only suggestion I have is to automatically include the link of the current post inside the ticket body so it can be used as reference for the ticket.

As it had only your purchase so far, there's no sense to wait for a new version. I just added a new setting:

2DazrVw.png

The link:

AfjsPIi.png

Download again and update your install.

Thanks! Unfortunately it doesn't work on my end. I tried to update first and I can see the new setting. I saved it, but the link is not added like in your image. I also tried uninstalling it and re-installing, the setting is there, but it still doesn't work. Not a big deal for me, so take your time.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, JReviews said:

Hi @Adriano Faria

I just realized that when converting the post to a ticket, an email is not sent to the user letting them know the ticket was created, in a similar way as it's done when a ticket is created manually. Is there any chance of making it work like this?

THanks

Please, this resource has a support topic. Post on it.

Archived