Google Analytics eCommerce tracking code?

IPCommerceFan

Hi all,

Has anyone ever set up IP.Commerce to work with GA eCommerce tracking code?  I couldn't find any topics on the subject.

I'm wanting to set up conversion tracking, but it would seem its not something that works out of the box.

In the Analytics section of the AdminCP, I've set Google Analytics as my provider, and my code is as follows:

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-99999999-1', 'auto');
  ga('require', 'ecommerce');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

(real ga property tracking id isnt 9999999)

Google Analytics works like a charm, but there is no conversion data flowing through.

Just reading through the documentation, it definitely seems like IP.Commerce isn't set up to utilize this:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce

If anyone has done this before and wouldn't mind sharing their experience, or any developers feel they could take this on as a paid service, that would be great!

Yeah it is kind of a big deal to implement the more I look into it.  

So far I've managed to get some semblance of it to work by installing Google Tag Manager via adding GTM code to IncludeJS and globalTemplate, then following a guide I found here:

https://medium.com/@sbuckpesch/2-steps-to-a-complete-enhanced-e-commerce-conversion-setup-in-google-analytics-using-google-tag-50cc9d09ab51

Now I'm able to capture product impressions, checkout steps and purchases, but the data that flows through to GA is a bit "wonky".   For example you can capture impressions for products that are listed in a view (Nexus-->Index), as well as products which are viewed directly (Nexus-->Package), and I haven't figured out the former yet.

Unfortunately since Enhanced eCommerce data only updates once every 24--48 hours, I won't know for sure if I'm going down the right path here, but at least its something. lol

Archived