Mark All Forums As Read

coert_g

The old software we used to run on before migrating to IPS had the useful feature of marking all forums as read, with a single button on the main forum index page. This allowed users to quickly get up to date on the forums if they were away too long and weren't able to catch up on threads. 

A lot of our users have been complaining since our migration, asking for that feature back, as we have about 20 forum categories and marking each one as read individually is a nightmare. 

Has anyone got a solution to achieve this for us?

Just now, Daniel F said:

Can't the use the "Mark site read" link ?

markread.png

Thanks Daniel. It seems that this function was lot somewhere between the theme we're using and the customization. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I'll grab that function from the default theme and incorporate :)

The link is inside the breadcrumbs template.

{{if $markRead && \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id}}
			<li>
				<a data-action="markSiteRead" class='ipsType_light' data-controller="core.front.core.markRead" href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=markread" seoTemplate="mark_site_as_read" csrf="true" ref="(string) \IPS\Request::i()->url()"}' title='{lang="mark_site_read"}' data-ipsTooltip><i class='fa fa-check'></i> {lang="mark_site_read_button"}</a>
			</li>
		{{endif}}

Archived