BCC in PMs?

DaisyB

Hi! Is there any way to do this? I want to send a PM to a group of people, without them seeing who the other recipients of the message are. Is there a way for them to reply where it's just a reply to my PM, and not sending out to everyone else? Thank you! 

Hm, will it allow me to also BCC a group of members from different user groups? I'm trying to PM some members who signed up for an event, and I'd like to be able to message them, and have them reply back only to me, instead of to the whole group, if they have questions about planning, etc. 

No. When I say a group, I mean a GROUP really: Members, Moderators, Admins, etc.

There’s nothing in the software or in the marketplace to send to some members who performed action X or Y, as you seem to want. 

Btw, what do you mean by “signed up for an event“? You mean RSVPed?

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

There’s nothing in the software or in the marketplace to send to some members who performed action X or Y, as you seem to want. 

I never used it, but may be possible with Rules app. Search for it on marketplace. 

I mean, I posted a help wanted thread for a volunteers for a board event, members signed up, and I'm PMing them more information now. I'm happy to manually type in their names (we only recently upgraded our board from version 2, so I'm used to it)- I just wasn't sure if there was a way to BCC them (similar to how you'd BCC on an email, or on the old version of the software), OR if there was a way to make it so that when they reply to my PM, it goes only to me, instead of to the whole group. I guess I'm looking for functionality similar to email, where you can message multiple members at once, but they can choose between 'reply to sender' or 'reply all'.

Thanks for your suggestions though! 

12 hours ago, DaisyB said:

I mean, I posted a help wanted thread for a volunteers for a board event, members signed up, and I'm PMing them more information now. I'm happy to manually type in their names (we only recently upgraded our board from version 2, so I'm used to it)- I just wasn't sure if there was a way to BCC them (similar to how you'd BCC on an email, or on the old version of the software), OR if there was a way to make it so that when they reply to my PM, it goes only to me, instead of to the whole group. I guess I'm looking for functionality similar to email, where you can message multiple members at once, but they can choose between 'reply to sender' or 'reply all'.

Thanks for your suggestions though! 

I see what you mean, but I'm guessing that would involve major changes to the structure of the PM interface.  So no, it isn't possible with either Invision or 3rd-party apps I've seen - at least for the near future.

On 12/22/2018 at 4:38 PM, Adriano Faria said:

I never used it, but may be possible with Rules app. Search for it on marketplace. 

You should probably try this:

There's a specific one to events:

• Member rsvp's YES to an event
  • Member rsvp's NO to an event
  • Member rsvp's MAYBE to an event

You better ask for the dev if it does what you need.

Archived