AdminCP - Content breakdown not visible

Phil7789

Hey guys,

in my AdminCP the content breakdown is not visible for me (using Chrome). As far as I can tell this only happens when there needs to be more than 1 bar (e.g. forum post and blog comment). For users which only posted in one section it shows the colored bar. If there needs to be more than 1 bar the entire bar ist just gray.

After examining the page I could see that the code is actually there, it is just not displayed with a hint that it may be blocked by a parser-block, cross site script? It does the same for the single colored bars, but as mentioned I can see them.

Any hints on how to solve this problem? Might this be a problem on my end or do I have to dig deeper?

Thanks in advance,
Phil

content_1.thumb.JPG.0ebc035b8347c018b06d70bb30fc49f4.JPG

content_2.thumb.JPG.0e23860a516a9f405f3ee400f8b40934.JPG

I am using Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110.

As the code seems to be there (I have several table columns with width attributes when examining the site with the developer tool of chrome) I think this might be more of a problem on my end, but I am not sure.

Edit: And I found the problem... 🙄 but there is nothing I can do about solving the issue: The problem is the "style" attribute as it uses a comma as a seperator, e.g. width="1,84%", but my browser expects or needs a dot as a seperator (width="1.84%"). As soon as I edit those values on-the-fly I can see the bars. Any ideas?

I had a similar issue with a calculated value in my theme. I could resolve it by using "calculate()" inside my css file.

Edit2: After some time searching on the web I found https://crbug.com/623347 this entry which dates the bug back to July 2016 for Chrome. Are any other users (probably german users or users with similar locales) able to reproduce this? It seems like this bug happens when javascript is handling css rules (pulling from a css file or creating them itself).

You can workaround this bug (if it even is one) when you change the AdminCP language to english as english uses a dot as a separator. German uses the coma and as my language pack is german and uses the german locale I get this comma separator.

On 11/29/2018 at 9:03 AM, Phil7789 said:

I am using Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110.

As the code seems to be there (I have several table columns with width attributes when examining the site with the developer tool of chrome) I think this might be more of a problem on my end, but I am not sure.

Edit: And I found the problem... 🙄 but there is nothing I can do about solving the issue: The problem is the "style" attribute as it uses a comma as a seperator, e.g. width="1,84%", but my browser expects or needs a dot as a seperator (width="1.84%"). As soon as I edit those values on-the-fly I can see the bars. Any ideas?

I had a similar issue with a calculated value in my theme. I could resolve it by using "calculate()" inside my css file.

Edit2: After some time searching on the web I found https://crbug.com/623347 this entry which dates the bug back to July 2016 for Chrome. Are any other users (probably german users or users with similar locales) able to reproduce this? It seems like this bug happens when javascript is handling css rules (pulling from a css file or creating them itself).

You can workaround this bug (if it even is one) when you change the AdminCP language to english as english uses a dot as a separator. German uses the coma and as my language pack is german and uses the german locale I get this comma separator.

That would be a bug then - please submit a ticket (you can use the support tool in your AdminCP) and we'll be happy to take a look and work on a solution. 🙂 

Archived