Rename applications?

Disruption

5 hours ago, Agent Shark said:

Is it possible to rename 3rd party plugins and IPS Clubs to other names? I am trying to use them and want them to have a unique name to my website idea. If not, totally fine. 

You can translate the word club to anything you like:

Most 3rd party plugins use language phrases too. 

Here you can change the urls (yoursite.com/clubs to yoursite.com/whateveryouwant) :

4 hours ago, Ramsesx said:

You can translate the word club to anything you like:

Most 3rd party plugins use language phrases too. 

Here you can change the urls (yoursite.com/clubs to yoursite.com/whateveryouwant) :

I think what I am struggling with is changing the terms on the pages themselves. With the image attached, the phrase Gallery is showing. I want to change that to something else. Similar, this is something I want to do across the board with all applications and plugins installed on the site. So when someone goes to the Commerce Area, I want it to show something entirely different. I understand changing the page URL but the actual name of the application shows instead of a name I want. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 10.14.27 AM.png

2 minutes ago, Agent Shark said:

I think what I am struggling with is changing the terms on the pages themselves. With the image attached, the phrase Gallery is showing. I want to change that to something else. Similar, this is something I want to do across the board with all applications and plugins installed on the site. So when someone goes to the Commerce Area, I want it to show something entirely different. I understand changing the page URL but the actual name of the application shows instead of a name I want. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 10.14.27 AM.png

Using the translation feature as mentioned by @Ramsesx, will allow you to change any string on the front-end to anything of your liking. You can utilize the Translation Tools in ACP -> Customization -> Languages, to help. Such as turning on the Word Keys so when you go to the front-end, you see the actual keys and can be more specific in your translating. Alternatively, you can use "Quick Translating" which will allow you to go to the front-end and click/hold the string you wish to translate and translate it right there. Keep in mind though word keys can be used in multiple areas.

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Using the translation feature as mentioned by @Ramsesx, will allow you to change any string on the front-end to anything of your liking. You can utilize the Translation Tools in ACP -> Customization -> Languages, to help. Such as turning on the Word Keys so when you go to the front-end, you see the actual keys and can be more specific in your translating. Alternatively, you can use "Quick Translating" which will allow you to go to the front-end and click/hold the string you wish to translate and translate it right there. Keep in mind though word keys can be used in multiple areas.

WOW. Thank you so much. I've been super stressed about the naming scheme of stuff and trying to work it around my concept. That quick translating feature is incredible. So essentially, once I make a change using the Quick Translate, all users will see that change correct? Its not exclusive to me?

1 minute ago, Agent Shark said:

WOW. Thank you so much. I've been super stressed about the naming scheme of stuff and trying to work it around my concept. That quick translating feature is incredible. So essentially, once I make a change using the Quick Translate, all users will see that change correct? Its not exclusive to me?

Correct, it will save to your language and users using that language  will see your changes. (if you're only using 1 language, the simple answer is "yes" 🙂 )

2 minutes ago, Agent Shark said:

Wait so, I am trying to read the SEO article but am still confused. @Jim M is there a way to change the URL that is showing for something. Seeing as the quick translate pertains to changing the way it looks (the name), I want to match that name now to the URL instead of the previous URL.

The SEO article mentions "Friendly URLs" these would need to be altered in order to change the URL. Due to the advanced nature of changing these and potential for issues, it is suggested to be careful with altering these as support is limited 🙂

Friendly URLs are configured in ACP -> System -> Advanced Configuration -> Friendly URLs tab.

Archived