usergroup recount

Sean James

How do you recount members in a usergroup?

I just changed a few packages on my Nexus install so that the users go into a different usergroup, but the members that should be moved back to the 'members' usergroup as they have expired licenses are not being moved out the new usergroup, if that makes sense lol

Sean

Things such as promotion based on content/post count do not tend to drop groups back down if their count decreases below the threshold level (I realise this is not post/content based) but I wanted to point it out. 🙂

As far as I'm aware it should move expired members back to where they were, unless by splitting them it did not keep the previous group saved, I realise that's a bit vague (sorry) but its difficult to be a bit more specific without seeing it "in action" as such. I would have to suggest a quick ticket in the Client Area so a support tech can take a quick look to see what was done and the solution. It is possible it might be normal but from your description I'd expect them to be moved back.

Do you have a test account you can try this with ? The reason I'm suggesting this is by logging in with the test account to see if the login 'triggers' the change, partly as here on this site I used to suggest to those who appeared to be in the wrong group aka "member" instead of "client" to logout and back in again to resync permissions.

EDIT... Some nice designs on your linked site too.

Thanks mate much appreciated!

Support helped me via support ticket, the system moves the users from the usergroup only in the subscription period, so if you modify the usergroups at a later date the rules of moving them back wont work, I just ended up manually moving members back to the normal usergroup manually, took me a few days but at least know now not to do that again! lol

Archived