Cloud hosting themes

Allen Talk

12 hours ago, Fairview Talk said:

Can I change the cloud hosted theme? Can I change fonts, colors, etc. Is there a guide for this? 

Yes.  You have two routes:

Live Theme Editor - change the theme yourself like the colors and logos.  

Marketplace - any themes on the IPS Marketplace can be installed on cloud. 

• 2 weeks later...

What is best practice to not lose the setup when using the Default Theme by updating the software? When I‘m going ahead and change the colors in the default them, will they still be there after an update?

I made a copy of the default theme and applied some changes in the colors. Unfortunately nothing of this changes is appearing. I setup the „Copy of the Default“ as standart design as well as AdminCP Theme.

1 hour ago, Reto Bachofner said:

What is best practice to not lose the setup when using the Default Theme by updating the software? When I‘m going ahead and change the colors in the default them, will they still be there after an update?

I made a copy of the default theme and applied some changes in the colors. Unfortunately nothing of this changes is appearing. I setup the „Copy of the Default“ as standart design as well as AdminCP Theme.

Should always create a new theme and set that as the default theme to use (leaving the original default theme untouched gives you a theme to fall back on if you make errors on theme you are creating using the 'copy' you created)

you must set your new theme as the Default front end theme (admincp >> themes >> far right of theme name click the pencil icon) and set it for all members

do not set your new theme as the admincp theme (you can of course but not advisable)

Archived