changes summary for updated ToS?

LiquidFractal

When updating Terms of Service, Terms of Registration etc., I think it would be a good idea to be able to include a summary of changes to the "Accept these terms" page so that users can get an idea as to what's been changed instead of having to scan the entire Terms page(s) (they can be looooong post-GDRP).

Did you mean something along the lines of a 'changelog' similar to Downloads perhaps ? , I can see how that might work if it was maybe retitled 'summary of what's changed' or something like that.

The 'DIY' method might be to just have a paragraph at the top with just the changed lines, assuming they are numbered into points aka: 1.2 (text here)

On 8/22/2018 at 7:09 PM, AndyF said:

Did you mean something along the lines of a 'changelog' similar to Downloads perhaps ? , I can see how that might work if it was maybe retitled 'summary of what's changed' or something like that.

The 'DIY' method might be to just have a paragraph at the top with just the changed lines, assuming they are numbered into points aka: 1.2 (text here)

Yeah, something like that - even just a paraphrase of important points which then refers the reader to the actual updated ToC if they want to read the changes in their entirety.  And yes a para. would work, but I'd prefer a discreet field.

14 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

Yeah, something like that - even just a paraphrase of important points which then refers the reader to the actual updated ToC if they want to read the changes in their entirety. 

That makes sense yes. 🙂

14 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

And yes a para. would work, but I'd prefer a discreet field. 

I just wanted to throw a 'alternative for now / until ...' idea out that's all. 🙂

Archived