Admin CP login stopped working (3.4.7)

sotrix

Yesterday the usual Admin CP link on my legacy forum stopped working and displayed a Driver Error:

driver-error-cut.PNG.6cbeca2311807a61da2dda3e81fc0036.PNG

If I change the URL to a specific page inside Admin CP, such as the one below, I can log in without issue.

/forum/admin/index.php?app=core&module=applications§ion=applications&do=applications_overview

Generated SQL error is:

Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 13:19:58 +0000
 Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'rows FROM ibf_sessions WHERE running_time > 1534249198' at line 1
 IP Address: xx.xx.xxx.xx - /forum/admin/index.php?adsess=a265106687c38fb3b6483c6b17a67d2f
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 mySQL query error: SELECT count(*) as rows FROM ibf_sessions WHERE running_time > 1534249198
 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | admin/sources/base/ipsController.php                                       | [admin_core_mycp_dashboard].doExecute                                         | 306               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone ever encountered this before or can think of a potential solution?

Thank you,

You would need to either (1) downgrade MySQL, (2) upgrade to a more recent version of our software that doesn't experience this issue, or (3) modify your source files to escape the word "rows" with backticks.

At the time this version was released, the word 'rows' wasn't reserved in MySQL, but it is now. This is why you generally can't stay running on older versions of software forever. The underlying technology stack changes over time.

My host probably upgraded mysql in the background. It's a relief to know my database isn't corrupt or anything.

I have latest version 4.3 installed on the same server which I'm working on but I'm not ready to switch over yet.

Server information is MariaDB 10.2.17 PHP 5.6.30

Should I downgrade PHP to 5.5 or 5.4?

What's a "happy medium" if I want to have both legacy and new software running on the same server?

My localhost testbed happily runs both 34x and 42x using php5.6.x ? , I do recall some vague concern with a "hook" (on 3x using this php version instead of 5.5) but it may of been a third party one I cannot recall off hand. Probably not too relevant to the issue in question though.

21 hours ago, sotrix said:

My host probably upgraded mysql in the background. It's a relief to know my database isn't corrupt or anything.

I have latest version 4.3 installed on the same server which I'm working on but I'm not ready to switch over yet.

Server information is MariaDB 10.2.17 PHP 5.6.30

Should I downgrade PHP to 5.5 or 5.4?

What's a "happy medium" if I want to have both legacy and new software running on the same server?

The version of PHP isn't the problem here, it's the version of MySQL.

Archived