How can I install IPS locally for learning

Gurneet Sethi

1 hour ago, Mark H said:

MAMP also has a Windows version, and while I use the Mac version for my daily use, the last time I tested the Windows version (this was last year), it was still in Beta but did work well.

They've released the Windows version, so that may be something to explore. I have MAMP Pro, the paid version, and love it. Very simple to use on a Mac, at least.

I will look into it again. 
The last time I looked into Mamp it was full of possibilities to say the least the best contender to Wamp. But it had a few flaws and was not capable (at the time) for additional apache, php or mysql installs that I need in upgrading early themes and boards and like most other software it is impossible to run multiple systems. Even with a VPN as some will recommend.

Just looked Mamp free I feel is a waste of time while Mamp Pro will do just about everything wamp will the difference is you need to pay $69.00 to get what you get free with Wamp while xampp is still clearly left in the dust, and AMPP by Softaculous has well.... 404 page tells it all

I use MAMP, not Pro, and it works fine. Even running SSL with a self signed cert. Don't trust the advertising, there are a lot of things you can do with the Free version if you know what you're doing. Though, I'm not suggesting anyone circumvent licensing. ?

Archived