Gallery Image Direct Links

Alay

• 4 months later...
On 8/12/2018 at 10:06 AM, Joel R said:

Why can't you just copy-and-paste from the URL? 

Because the URL is not a direct link and will not render when inserted into posts.

It's possible to find direct links for attachments, but the engine does not reveal the direct link to gallery photos in an easy way. There should be a 'Copy Photo Link' option in the Share Menu.

You can find a link to the large resized image on the image page itself:

qGsVJcp.png

Unfortunately, this link does not appear in the actual lightbox, and the image it links to isn't the actual original image (if that is what you are wanting).

I do, however, have a plugin that changes this so the "View full image" link will appear in the lightboox and also links to the original, full sized image. I plan to release this to the marketplace soon. If you want, I can ping you here with a link to the submission once it's ready!

On 12/22/2018 at 3:15 PM, Makoto said:

You can find a link to the large resized image on the image page itself:

qGsVJcp.png

Unfortunately, this link does not appear in the actual lightbox, and the image it links to isn't the actual original image (if that is what you are wanting).

I do, however, have a plugin that changes this so the "View full image" link will appear in the lightboox and also links to the original, full sized image. I plan to release this to the marketplace soon. If you want, I can ping you here with a link to the submission once it's ready!

That would be very helpful! I'm unsure why they 'hide' direct links to the galleries when they are visible for attachments...

Anyway, my members will find it much more convenient when creating galleries.

Archived