Topic Links

I just installed 4.3.5 (I was on a VERY old version before) and have had some complaints that when they click on a thread in the forum, they no longer jump down to the first unread post.  Instead they have to scroll all the way down.  Is there a setting I'm missing so that it jumps down to the first unread post in the forum??

Have them click on the time on the right (where the last poster name and number of replies are) instead for the moment maybe, ie: "12 minutes ago" or "Wednesday at 12:20" etc as that's got the /do=getlastcomment in it. :smile:

This should actually resolve itself over time anyway  I suspect due to the upgrade from a legacy version (was it 2x or even 1x by any chance?) as once they have seen / read new content and / or marked the site as read it should be relatively easy to then 'keep track' of new replies etc.

The 'Activity Streams' are also very useful perhaps, depends on your community though really how much they use them and / or the time it will take them to adjust a bit to the newer software. ?

EDIT... I'm assuming there are no pending or running 'rebuild' tasks still ? These will show in the ACP dashboard. If there are rebuild tasks still ongoing or to be processed it might be prudent to finish these first if possible.

One other thing to check..... your members are clicking the blue dot to the left of the topic title, correct?

image.png

Clicking that dot is the new method to go to first unread post. If you hover your mouse over one of them, the alt text says that as well.

That said.... after a fresh upgrade from an old version, none of the dots will be solid blue, so if it is grayed out, what AndyF posted will get you to the last post in the topic regardless.

On 7/27/2018 at 6:57 PM, hollywoodgossip said:

I just installed 4.3.5 (I was on a VERY old version before) and have had some complaints that when they click on a thread in the forum, they no longer jump down to the first unread post.  Instead they have to scroll all the way down.  Is there a setting I'm missing so that it jumps down to the first unread post in the forum??

Use this if you want to bring that back, I do

Archived