Accept ToS/Policy on Purchase (Nexus)

OctoDev

Just now, opentype said:

As global setting, yes. 

518308429_Bildschirmfoto2018-05-29um19_41_19.thumb.png.6b8f773287414ac300ae0c4a84ff48a2.png

I was more thinking per product, or product group. As there could be different policies like delivery time etc. This is required by all the payment gateaways to be delivered.

3 minutes ago, Joel R said:

You should create a different page per policy in IP.Pages  In every product, there's an option to redirect users to the page upon purchase where you can write anything you want.  

The problem here is that you can only redirect them once they have paid. Correct?

They need to accept the policy before they pay. What I did do, was adding the link to the Policy in the description of the product. Hopefully they will approve this.

It can also be done per product if you create a custom product field as checkbox, which is required. 

I have done that on one of my sites. The description of the field links the text like this:

I have read the <a href="/eulas/webfont-eula/" target="_blank">End User License Agreement for webfonts</a> and accept it as legally binding part of this purchase

4 hours ago, opentype said:

It can also be done per product if you create a custom product field as checkbox, which is required. 

I have done that on one of my sites. The description of the field links the text like this:

I have read the <a href="/eulas/webfont-eula/" target="_blank">End User License Agreement for webfonts</a> and accept it as legally binding part of this purchase

Thank you!!!

5 hours ago, opentype said:

Just tried. It only lets you do "required" when using it as a customer field, not product.

Perhaps they can add this option soon, so you can make a check box required. Good for Terms Of Service/Use per product. Not all products require the same terms ?

Any ideas how this could be achieved for paid downloads files?

Downloads files have different refund policies than physical products, and the checkbox+linked text must be located directly above the checkout button "buy & pay"

On 5/30/2018 at 6:08 AM, opentype said:

Sorry. I should have been more precise: use the field type “check box set”, give it only one option (“accepted”), and then you make the field and in turn the acceptance required. It does work. As mentioned, I am already using it. 

There we go, thank you man.

Archived