Reminders

TIPF

I have a weekly subject that requires a staff member to start a thread every Monday, however, it is inevitable that we forget to do it.

Can anyone suggest a means of setting up a reminder that would appear to staff only every Monday, I know it can be added to the Calendar but staff would need to physically click on the Calendar to see it, wouldn't they?

13 minutes ago, AlexWright said:

Sure, if you need help setting the actual reminder up, let me know and I'll have a look at what you'll need.

That really is very good of you.

I've installed the app and it all looks a little complicated for me. All I'm wanting is for Moderators and Admin to receive an email/PM etc. every Monday morning as reminder to start the new topic.

46 minutes ago, TIPF said:

That really is very good of you.

I've installed the app and it all looks a little complicated for me. All I'm wanting is for Moderators and Admin to receive an email/PM etc. every Monday morning as reminder to start the new topic.

Ok so here is what you do:

1. Create a new custom data field. Associated with Member, object type is Date. Display mode Manual. Internal or administrative use. Name this field something like "Last PM Reminder".

2. New rule. I would set this to trigger probably when any content item is being viewed, but you may have to play with this (I'm at work, on mobile).

3. Conditions: (use the AND operand)

Check Membergroup, then select your staff groups. Make sure the Source is the logged in member.

AND

Condition: compare dates. Select your custom data field as date 1, and then current time/date as date 2. (You will get a warning on date 1, since its empty. Specify a date here to determine the 7-day value. I would use this past monday.) You may have to enable the NOT here. Again, it'll take some playing around.

On the Actions page:

1. Create new Private Message. You can edit the settings here as needed.

2. Update that Custom Profile field. Set this to Event/GlobalData, current time. This updates the field so that the previous conditions can check against it.

If you need more than this, I could probably make it and export it later today.

Archived