Adding Plugin to CKeditor

JohnCourt

Good day folks, is it possible to add a plugin to CKeditor? For example, I'd like to have the "Format" function for header text and level text.

You can see the plugin here at https://ckeditor.com/cke4/addon/format

Then of course, it would be wise for me too ask, is there already a way to create formatted text headers and levels?

Thanks for any help in advance.

18 minutes ago, JohnCourt said:

Would we also load dependencies through the "Add Button" as well? Thanks Open.

All of the required dependencies appear to already have been applied by IPB for this particular Add-On.  You can also pick and choose which groups have access to the new Add-On as well as which areas by clicking on the newly installed button.  A new page will appear allowing you to set permissions.

Thanks guys for the great help here. So I really need to be careful as well what I add to the tool bar, don't want to get too carried away right!

If there are future upgrades for IP, do the plugins that I applied to the toolbar upgrade as well, or do I need to keep my eye on those too now. Thanks

26 minutes ago, Joel R said:

IPS won't update those third party CKEditor plugins, you'll need to watch for those on your own.  

Thanks Joel, all the more reason to stay as close as possible to the core editor, don't need more duties or headaches. thanks again folks!

Archived