Poll votes logs

Shiyo

Hello,

Most of my board's activity is based on a few games that require participants to vote for other users. Up until now we've been using regular posts for this. Something like "I vote for Kennedy".

The IPS inbuilt poll system would be more than suitable for the job if it wasn't for one single issue: the way our game works, ties cannot be an option. If and when a tie happens, the user that has first received a last vote in his favour wins the poll.

What I'm asking.

Anything that could store an history of all the votes that have been expressed in the poll would do the job. Example:

12:00 pm - User1 voted option1

12:34 pm - User2 voted option1

13:00 pm - User3 voted option3

14:00 pm - User1 voted option2  (if users are allowed to change their votes).

For transparency, the history/logs would need to be accessible to anyone at any time.

I'd be willing to pay for this.

8 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Enable public polls....simple.

Hi Nathan, what I need (and public polls alone cannot provide) is a way to determine wherever a vote has been expressed before or after another, hence the need for an history. 

You want time information for each vote to be printed out in the log, like this (click the number of voters beside each choice)

image.thumb.png.655fbeaa66fbf2532778eeafc2dd8b58.png

Public polls provides this - your reply to me indicates that you've already tried public polls so flesh out what you want the poll log to be displayed as, if the above doesn't meet your needs (it meets the brief, as far as I can see)

Darn, the one I had checked prior to starting this topic contained old votes only, so it didn't show the exact time they were expressed.

My bad, apperarently the poll system alone will be enough.

Should I have this topic removed?

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

You want time information for each vote to be printed out in the log, like this (click the number of voters beside each choice)

image.thumb.png.655fbeaa66fbf2532778eeafc2dd8b58.png

Public polls provides this - your reply to me indicates that you've already tried public polls so flesh out what you want the poll log to be displayed as, if the above doesn't meet your needs (it meets the brief, as far as I can see)

As I stated above, the public poll I tested was too old to show the exact time for the log. So yes, public polls would actually meet my most basic needs.

However (since we're already here) I'll specify a few addictions that would improve the feature for my own use:

1. To make the logs for all the votes appear within a single pop-up (similar to the one you took a screen of) that users can access by clicking a specific link in the results panel. (e.g. "Poll history")
  2. Have the logs to always show the exact time a certain user voted an option, even within days after the vote was submitted.
  3. To sort the logs based on the order the votes were submitted.
  4. To include multiple logs for each user (in case the user changes his vote).

To clarify, the reason I'd prefer it this way is to avoid disputes over which user has submitted a vote first or last, since the odds for two or more users to submit a vote at the same time (i.e. 12:23) is quite high within the game.

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I don't think this is there.

Yes, you're right. See point 4 above.

Archived