Blogs and Clubs

The Old Man

Hi folks,

On my site I enabled a club visible to all which members can join to post.

mysite/clubs/1-club-of-the-walking-dead/

I added the Blogs feature to it along with the usual other apps like forums, gallery etc.

The new Blogs 4.3.1 app main index page shows an entry made in the Club Blog, but I don't know why. It doesn't do that with forum topics inside Clubs and it looks out of place because the title of the blog entry is out of context, it makes sense when viewed within the Club itself.

If I click on the Blog article via the main Blog index, it tries to take me to the Club Blog via the odd url that is:

mysite/blogs/blog/49-news-blog/

, which although doesn't mention the Club does appear to load it briefly, then the page changes to an error page reporting error

Sorry, there is a problem We could not locate the item you are trying to view. 2B201/1

That url is also the url that appears inside the Club on the row of app tabs.

What's that all about, any ideas?

Thanks. I just found permissions for Blogs in the Applications list and permission to access is enabled for everyone, all my groups.

When I view the Guest permissions, only Forums, Gallery, Downloads and Calendar have permissions tabs, not Blogs.

As a guest, I can view Blogs index okay, can view other Blogs but not the Blog entry that is in my open Club.

May be a ticket job after all.

On 5/5/2018 at 1:24 PM, The Old Man said:

Thanks. I just found permissions for Blogs in the Applications list and permission to access is enabled for everyone, all my groups.

When I view the Guest permissions, only Forums, Gallery, Downloads and Calendar have permissions tabs, not Blogs.

As a guest, I can view Blogs index okay, can view other Blogs but not the Blog entry that is in my open Club.

I am having the same issue. Opening a ticket as well.

On 5/5/2018 at 1:24 PM, The Old Man said:

Well, it was brought to my attention that I had to enable guests to see the forums module... lol

Archived