Help! A recently promoted admin uploaded content!

Cody Edwards

Hi, recently I signed up with the IPS Community and I love the service so far.

I promoted a staff member on my forums and he had inform me that he uploaded 2 Applications to my website and that's pirated applications he had download from some forum.

Will my service get suspended? I already contacted support about this problem.

There's no X button active to click on them.

Applications not currently installed
  1. Application Forms

•  
  2. (GS) Server List

no way to remove them now but I want them fully removed no trace of those applications. I contacted support but waiting hopefully they contact me back soon because I'm depressed from this. I will not promote anyone else full admin access that's my mistake.

"Hi, recently I signed up with the IPS Community and I love the service so far.

The reason I'm contacting you is that a staff member that I promoted to Admin has uploaded content to my website.

I just spoke to him and he had inform me that he uploaded 2 Applications to my website and that's pirated software.

I'm being honest and truthful coming to you guys about this because I have spent $80.00 so far for this community software and the theme I have with IPB Focus. I don't want my service terminated. Serious action will be taken against nowTyler and a possible demotion from my Minecraft Server.

I hope you guys get back with me asap!"

Just wait patiently for a response.  If you knowingly admit a problem happened and you are making sure to do the right thing, your service won't get suspended. 

So long as the applications are uninstalled, IPS would need to access the file system directly to delete the physical application folders so you no longer see the applications as available to install in your AdminCP

Archived