(4.3) Gallery Images - Direct URL?

Cyrem

Maybe I've missed something, but, there seems to be no easy way (other than pulling out the dev tools) to get the direct URL to the full size images in the gallery? (Right click > copy link is blocked by the lightbox) Most of my users directly paste image urls into posts, no embed box. (Embed boxes are a pain in the butt when you're discussing many specific images that might be in the same album).

Could this is added please, most image sharing sites have an input box to copy the direct file link and it seems odd that this isn't available...and given the history of forums and direct image posting, it seems like an oversight.

Just now, Ryan Ashbrook said:

In 4.3, there is a button at the top right of the image lightbox that will open the direct image in a new window.

Ah yes, I see that now on the page for a gallery image... but is there any way to do this from the popup?

1 minute ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

I'm not sure what you mean? It shows in the lightbox for me:

That button simply maximizes the lightbox (removes the sidebar) and doesn't take me to the image itself, though I guess I can instruct people to rightclick that button and copy the link...

1 minute ago, Cyrem said:

That button simply maximizes the lightbox (removes the sidebar) and doesn't take me to the image itself, though I guess I can instruct people to rightclick that button and copy the link...

Oh, I see what you mean - if you right click, you can open the full image in a new tab.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

Oh, I see what you mean - if you right click, you can open the full image in a new tab.

Yeah, it could be a bit easier to find for the general user. Even if it was just an extra button in the "Share" popover that when clicked brought up a simple dialog box with the url in the text input (kinda like how youtube does it).

Archived