Text Editor - is this possible?

Davyc

I was wondering if the menu bar of the text editor could be fixed when scrolling so that it is always in view?  It can be cumbersome when editing long documents and you have to keep scrolling to the top to edit items such as Bold or Italics, etc; this is especially, but not exclusively, noticeable in the ACP when making changes to items such as Privacy Policy, Guidelines etc.

It would be great if this could be achieved and speed up writing and editing long documents.

☺️

6 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Add this to your custom.css

@Nathan Explosion many thanks for the code, but it doesn't work.  I added the code to the original theme custom.css and also to the purchased theme and it doesn't work.  By default the text runs under the editor bar, but once the whole page begins to scroll because of the length of the document the editor disappears.  Thanks again, I appreciate your response.

?

Well, that post I made up there has me confused - I don't remember posting it, and I've been in bed with Flu since Friday. I know it's the css I put in on my own sites when I'm building something with ckeditor, so maybe the fever took hold and guided me haha

Anyway.....the default behaviour of the editor, without any modifications to the code, is as shown in the video - is that what you are looking to achieve, as that is what should be happening already:

@Nathan Explosion not quite, if you were to add more text to the editor until it began to scroll the page then the editor would disappear off the top of the browser.

However, I have found a plugin that does what I need:  https://ckeditor.com/cke4/addon/fixed

It works great and even moves the editor bar to the bottom when articles/posts get really long.  Upload to plugins folder and add the text string to the js.config and it's done.  For some reason it still doesn't work in the ACP, but I can live with that lol.

Many thanks again for taking the time to help, very much appreciated and I hope your flu bug disappears faster than it arrived.

?

3 minutes ago, Davyc said:

Upload to plugins folder and add the text string to the js.config and it's done

Or you could just use the built in functionality of adding a plugin to the editor via the 'add button' option (believe me, it's easier....adding this in because others may want to add the plugin)

Archived