Allow members to see their posts have been removed

Day_

Put yourself into a members shoes, they make a post, look back later and it's gone, nowhere to be seen. How frustrating must that be?

Most of the time they either 1) Repost it in anger/believing they didn't post it properly or 2) Moan posting where's my post gone.

Yes moderators could send out private messages every time they hide a post but that can be time consuming, especially with argumentative members.

Why not allow members to see their post turn pink and the reason it has been hidden? Or even a little line in the style of when a ignored member has posted. Your post has been removed by X, reason: 

Just an idea. A good one I think. Never underestimate the value of clear communication with members. 

19 hours ago, Mr 13 said:

Also it would be nice to keep something like "Message by %username% was removed. Reason: %reason%" on place of deleted posts even when post is deleted by it's author, because it could be useful for other users.

- removed -

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2018 at 12:28 PM, daveoh said:

Put yourself into a members shoes, they make a post, look back later and it's gone, nowhere to be seen. How frustrating must that be?

Most of the time they either 1) Repost it in anger/believing they didn't post it properly or 2) Moan posting where's my post gone.

Yes moderators could send out private messages every time they hide a post but that can be time consuming, especially with argumentative members.

Why not allow members to see their post turn pink and the reason it has been hidden? Or even a little line in the style of when a ignored member has posted. Your post has been removed by X, reason: 

Just an idea. A good one I think. Never underestimate the value of clear communication with members. 

for me ,

a) sending a warning can have all the info about the why a post was hidden by a mod  (i have many warning texts depending on reasons )

b) if i dont want to send a warning, and the why is too obvious, or part of a simpler list , 

the plugin @TDBF has made helps the member to know what has happened. 

his plugin  sends  an automatic  custom message,

whenever you hide a post, (via the queue or via a thread)

that will instantly inform your member that his post was hidden/removed and can include this simple list of reasons of why it must have happened i.e. double post,  other problems

very convenient, so  either with a or b, your members will be notified no matter what. 

@Mr 13 i think the plugin tdbf made really answers the need @daveoh mentioned !   

I agree it should/could be nice if it would be part of the suite!    

10 minutes ago, MeMaBlue said:

for me ,

a) sending a warning can have all the info about the why a post was hidden by a mod  (i have many warning texts depending on reasons )

b) if i dont want to send a warning, and the why is too obvious, or part of a simpler list , 

the plugin @TDBF has made helps the member to know what has happened. 

his plugin makes it possible for you to automatically send a  custom message,  that will instantly inform your member that his post is hidden and can include this simple list of reasons of why it must have happened i.e. double post,  other problems

very convenient, so  either with a or b, your members will be notified no matter what. 

@Mr 13 i think the plugin tdbf made really answers the need @daveoh mentioned !   

I agree it should/could be nice if it would be part of the suite!    

Appreciate it but I avoid using 3rd party plugins which change a members experience using the forum. 

This way I’m not held back with updates waiting on developers to update their apps also, or having to explain why X no longer works when it’s discontinued 

• 4 weeks later...

I understand. This is my concern too. From my perpective if you cooperate with known developers who are respected,  they will always be heads-on with the updates  and i guess this shows a certain kind of professionalism. I have seen that from the ones i have purchased items from. So, maybe sometimes the plugins are not that ill fated as we may fear. 

I think also that through the plugins that are used more often, and successfully, the invision team might see how many actually need a feature and maybe actually do incorporate it in their suite if it also is tested by the many users that already have been using the plugin. This is just an hypotheses ofcourse ?

Archived