Please allow anonymous logins on a per-usergroup basis

MMXII

I tried to find out how to allow anonymous logins on a per-usergroup basis. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be possible. I have no idea why such a setting is missing in the usergroup permissions.

Can we please get an option "Can log in anonymously" in the usergroup permissions?

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2018 at 5:33 AM, MMXII said:

I tried to find out how to allow anonymous logins on a per-usergroup basis. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be possible. I have no idea why such a setting is missing in the usergroup permissions.

Can we please get an option "Can log in anonymously" in the usergroup permissions?

This is an option presented while logging in to the site...how would we know what group the user will be in when they log in before they log in? i.e. the option would have to be presented always, but may or may not work depending upon which login credentials are used to log in, which I think would confuse the average user.

1 hour ago, bfarber said:

This is an option presented while logging in to the site...how would we know what group the user will be in when they log in before they log in? i.e. the option would have to be presented always, but may or may not work depending upon which login credentials are used to log in, which I think would confuse the average user.

Maybe one could move the option from the log in form to a 'privacy setting' in the profile options? Something like 'Do not show online status'?

What I want to achieve is that only certain users can hide their online status, which is why I am thinking of a group permission. Is there a different way to achieve this?

Archived