Group Color on User Link

All Astronauts

This remains officially unsupported but unofficially supported. That means that bad things get patched quickly, features you want maybe or never.

This topic is just so I can encourage users to upgrade to version 11 that patches an XSS vulnerability. Cheers to <REDACTED> for alerting IPS though if you do have problems like this you could just send me a PM? That works ya know!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There ya go. Version 12 works with 4.3. As usual, the Stream stuff changed; possibly an unannounced change in a late beta. This fixes that. 

Same limitations re: possessives. If I feel like changing this up I can add language strings easily enough now but this thing is such a pain to deal with I might start charging for future versions (like $6, one time).

1 hour ago, All Astronauts said:

There ya go. Version 12 works with 4.3. As usual, the Stream stuff changed; possibly an unannounced change in a late beta. This fixes that. 

Same limitations re: possessives. If I feel like changing this up I can add language strings easily enough now but this thing is such a pain to deal with I might start charging for future versions (like $6, one time).

I'd pay it. Thanks for the support. ?

1 hour ago, All Astronauts said:

I'm down to supporting you for this. Perhaps we can get it working on more places then. ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 5:15 AM, All Astronauts said:

This was tackled in an earlier version but obvs not working. Patched again now for 4.3 (not released yet of course)

Next?

Can we get that version soon, since no more bugs have been reported here for almost 2 weeks?

Do you mean secondary user groups?

Whatever the primary user group is, and if it has custom formatting set up for it, that is what is used. That's what this plugin has always done since the original IPS 4.0 release.

If you programmically interact with a member via an instance of the IPS\Member object and use the built in method to apply the group formatting, that is what the method does. As far as I know, there is no consideration for secondary member groups other than for added permissions anywhere.

To add in secondary group support would at least double the price and renewal of this plugin. I'd have to add in checks everywhere seeing if you wanted to use secondary groups, and then figure out what happens if you have a primary and secondary group formatted which one takes precedence, what happens when a member has three or more total groups with custom formatting and on and on and on. 

Did you mean something else and I'm not understanding?

Archived