[code] [/code] issue

greek_parea

38 minutes ago, JohnDer said:

Thanks @Adlago I've tried this but didn't work, the strange thing is that it's happening only if I type manually the bbcode code tag, if I use the editor's function it shows ok, without that > at the beginning of the content inside the code tag.

Does this issue exist in a default IPS theme?

I would compare for differences all the templates in the section core_global_editor

At the beginning some code may have a character ">"

On 19/12/2017 at 2:40 PM, Adlago said:

Does this issue exist in a default IPS theme?

I would compare for differences all the templates in the section core_global_editor

At the beginning some code may have a character ">"

I have checked the default IPS theme and this issue still exists when manually add the code tag, also the same issue exist on any other fresh installed theme.

On 19/12/2017 at 2:52 PM, Adlago said:

PP. For easy comparison and editing of templates, see the example

compare.thumb.png.cf7a6fe20485e81275ea0d0f136e74f7.png

I have checked that too and there aren't any differences of contents in code templates of all themes that I've tried.

The last thing I'm thinking about doing is to disable all plugins and applications that I have installed and see if any of those are responsible for this issue, I don't know what else to do.

• 2 months later...

There are many people have texts with ready made bbcode content (bold, size, colour, code tags etc) and they use that method to post new topics. They usually change some information from these contents for a new topic. When I ask the same thing, they say "we use it to save time when post new topics to many sites".

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2018 at 3:30 PM, bfarber said:

Out of curiosity, why type out the code tag bbcode manually instead of using the editor/wysiwyg button?

on mobile there is a worse user experience with ckeditor. I use keyword writing open and close tag. I have issues also with spoiler, sometime it not open and other times code enclosed inside is not correctly handled (include other text followed by spoiler closing tag)

41 minutes ago, BomAle said:

on mobile there is a worse user expirience with ckeditor. I use keyword writing open and close tag. I have issues also with spoiler, sometime it not open and other times code enclosed inside is not correctly handled (include other text followed by spoiler closing tag)

So you manually type out bbcodes on mobile because you find it easier than using the WYSIWYG editor?

Archived