Upgraded from 3.4 to 4.2 having problem with homepage speed

media

14 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Unfortunately the nature of our software (being that all content is dynamically generated, and clients use dynamic user-created themes) means that this particular suggestion is not very simple to implement. When you take a single site and analyze it and work on this manually it is possible to do, but baking this functionality into our software reliably isn't very simple.

That's not to say we won't do anything about the suggestion, but it is the answer to your question.

That's all I want to know...

And loved to hear the part of your message below

That's not to say we won't do anything about the suggestion

Thank you... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Tier III support finally get back to me

Hello,

We're confident that Invision Community is running well on your server. If you are having issues with server configuration then we do offer cloud plans which are optimised for Invision Community and does take the hassle out of running your own servers.

Looks like PHP 7.0 fixed the problem, but still first byte comparison with my old board (IPB 3.4) is way down, but as I said on a previous message, I will take this and work on it... Looks like I managed to keep first byte around 0.9 to 1.6 and I am ok with it...

Today I was just testing my site on Google page speed page:

and got this: for Mobile

Poor

61 / 100

This page is not optimized and is likely to deliver a slow user experience. Please prioritize and apply the recommendations below.

Possible Optimizations

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Reduce server response time

In our test, your server responded in 1.3 seconds. There are many factors that can slow down your server response time. Please read our recommendations to learn how you can monitor and measure where your server is spending the most time.

For Desktop

Needs Work

65 / 100

This page is missing some common performance optimizations that may result in a slow user experience. Please investigate the recommendations below.

Possible Optimizations

Optimize images

Reduce server response time

In our test, your server responded in 1.3 seconds. There are many factors that can slow down your server response time. Please read our recommendations to learn how you can monitor and measure where your server is spending the most time

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Then just for testing I did run Invision forum here

Mobile

mobile.thumb.jpg.7deb8023bc6c174f7ddba9f9b8f91344.jpg

Desktop

desktop.thumb.jpg.fef200f00409d0d0af05bc4d558d0d9c.jpg

IPB site is faster than mine but score lower on over all comparison...

Anyway, from now on I think I wait and see what improvements are on horizon.... :)

Archived