Crawl Errors - lofiversion - How to fix ?

Surendra.S

Lofiversion? I haven't seen those since IPB 2.x / Invisionfree / Zetaboards days. :o

Have you converted from that version recently?

Are you ranking for any of those lofiversion pages on Google? If not it is probably safe to ignore and submit your updated IPS sitemap to Google Search Console.

Otherwise maybe someone can write up some redirect rules..

29 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Lofiversion? I haven't seen those since IPB 2.x / Invisionfree / Zetaboards days. :o

Have you converted from that version recently?

Are you ranking for any of those lofiversion pages on Google? If not it is probably safe to ignore and submit your updated IPS sitemap to Google Search Console.

Otherwise maybe someone can write up some redirect rules..

I converted from IPB 4.1 to 4.2.

But my website (IPB forum) was there for last 10 years. So Lofiversion pages may have got ranked. Not sure.

I never checked Google Search Console before. 

When i checked today, I found these.

I never submitted Sitemap also. But I just did now.

I found a really old post by @bfarber

I wonder if somewhere in your .htaccess you still have redirects for lofiversion when they decided to discontinue the feature? Maybe that is triggering the 503 errors when Google is still trying to index those old URLs even after all this time?

Otherwise now that you have submitted your sitemap, I think it is safe to just mark all those errors as fixed, and check Search Console again in a few days to see if those errors come back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2017 at 8:46 PM, Optic14 said:

I wonder if somewhere in your .htaccess you still have redirects for lofiversion when they decided to discontinue the feature? Maybe that is triggering the 503 errors when Google is still trying to index those old URLs even after all this time?

Otherwise now that you have submitted your sitemap, I think it is safe to just mark all those errors as fixed, and check Search Console again in a few days to see if those errors come back.

I never had htaccess redirects for lofiversion.

But now I am thinking to redirect those lofiversion pages to regular forum pages using .htaccess.

Not sure how to do it.

Can someone help here ?

Archived