Homepage index is now not accessible???

AnonymousDev

I visited my site today as I do every morning by starting at the homepage and the forum page loads up. I scratch my head and try to browse to the homepage and can't it isn't there.

Into the Admin I go. The "Pages" page that I setup is there, I can preview it but it's not linked on the site anymore. A quick search around the net suggested that I make the Pages app the default app. Now the page appears to link (maybe) but it doesn't display saying that I don't have permission to view the page.

I'm scratching my head here, how and why did this happen and how do I now fix it?

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

Just an update in case someone else come across this issue...

First of all a big thanks to the support team who helped me out with this and fixed the problem :)

Support found an unnamed page that was created in the pages application. When the page was named, it worked as intended. I have no idea where the page came from, I may have created it at some stage and forgotten about it or it was something that popped up when I converted to IPB 4.x.

If you have this issue, check out your pages as an unnamed page may be the cause ;)

Archived