Different Sidebar For Each Forum

boro_boy

Is it possible to add a different sidebar for each forum? Maybe have the default sidebar on the main forum page on all sub forum until you select to have a different one. 

I run a football forum and I would like to show only Premiership information such as live score, league table in the side bar, then I the Championship forum add a different sidebar which has the championship table, live scores etc. 

If this isn't possible it would be a good option in future releases.

Many thanks

No

Sidebars are based upon the template.  So any page that uses the same template will use the same sidebar.  

This suggestion has been requested over and over again.  

You can check peer to peer support to see if any solutions have been found.

On 06/08/2017 at 4:49 PM, Fosters said:

Let me know if you have the pages application and if you're interested into testing a custom application for this:)

Thank you very much for letting me test this app @Fosters. It does exactly what I was asking in the original post. You simply go into Admin > Forums then edit the forum you want, click on the Blocks tab. Then add the blocks that you want in the sidebar (Blocks which have been created in the pages app) then add them, you can change the order of the blocks easily too. There are two options for this:

1. To have the sidebar within the forum
  2. To have the sidebar appear in the topic view on that forum

This is a great app and one that many people will need to use to have custom information for each forum. I'll be using it to show Premier League information when people are inside the Premier League forum and then if they go into the Championship forum, they will then see Championship information. 

blocks.thumb.PNG.8b9e150866d8310be741ddfa36698482.PNG
View of the settings page in admin cp for my Premier League forum

5989cef650231_blocks2.thumb.PNG.8e1ec25d19f564886987aef00da3a7d4.PNG

Image shows the blocks I've created with the Pages Application from Invision

Archived