opentype

If people reach club content by going through the main door (i.e. the club homepage), they might get how this works, but content can also be reached in other ways, e.g. from the activity feed (for open clubs). Or even worse: Someone posts in the forums and then the admin moves that into a club where it fits better. 

In those cases the user will see the content (even his/her own), but no comment form, because the user is not a club member yet. This leads to confusion. (Members on my site have told me so)

So my suggestion is:
Just like there is the guest block “Create an account or sign in to comment”, the missing option to interact with club content until joining the clubs needs to be explained at least. And maybe even joining from that place could be possible. 

1 hour ago, opentype said:

If people reach club content by going through the main door (i.e. the club homepage), they might get how this works, but content can also be reached in other ways, e.g. from the activity feed (for open clubs). Or even worse: Someone posts in the forums and then the admin moves that into a club where it fits better. 

In those cases the user will see the content (even his/her own), but no comment form, because the user is not a club member yet. This leads to confusion. (Members on my site have told me so)

So my suggestion is:
Just like there is the guest block “Create an account or sign in to comment”, the missing option to interact with club content until joining the clubs needs to be explained at least. And maybe even joining from that place could be possible. 

I'm going to agree with this.

Archived