Media Manager Integration

TDBF

I some times get the feeling that CMS is half done, or that something's could have been done much better. This is not a criticism, but an observation on my part.

One of the area's I feel that has seen little attention and is sorely lacking is the 'Media' Manager in CMS. With a little time and effort this could help many users when it comes to using images within CMS (even within the whole system).

On our site, we use CMS mainly for articles, news and other content related items. One of the things we seem to be doing over and over, is uploading the same images doing nothing more than creating duplicates of these images all over our server. I would really like to see the Media manager integrated into the Image field so my staff could then choose from a bunch of default images for articles. This would help reduce multiple images stores on the drive and make it easier for my staff to use the same images (without having to send them all to each other).

Regarding the Media Manager. Would it also be possible to add a few more fields that could be used for example as a image caption or other required information for that image.

Would also be useful if there were tools added to resize images etc.

Right now, just seems there is a Media manager, but no real way of utilizing it with the exception of copying and pasting the Media Tag? Please correct me if I am wrong here?

Many Thanks,

Same issue with the calendar events for example. Calendars should have a defined selection of possible default images. I have to upload the same image again and again and this also creates duplicates as described above. Other users don't even know, that a default image is required, when creating an event. They just leave the image field empty and it's a big effort for admins and moderators to correct this behavior all the time again and again.

13 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Same issue with the calendar events for example. Calendars should have a defined selection of possible default images. I have to upload the same image again and again and this also creates duplicates as described above. Other users don't even know, that a default image is required, when creating an event. They just leave the image field empty and it's a big effort for admins and moderators to correct this behavior all the time again and again.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to hack the calendar to show image headings for each stadium rather than uploading each image again. (New football season is about to start and the merry go round continues ;) )

Archived