Changing date format

Lucas James

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the date format in IPB. Currently it's displayed on the forums Month/Day/Year. In my country it is the other way around Day/Month/Year, so using the ipb format is really awkward for my community in relation to events as the dates are displayed incorrectly..

Thanks in advance:wub:

You'll need to change the locale as by default it will use the US (MM/DD/YY) format.

ACP >  Customisation > Languages > Click the 'pencil' icon on the right hand side of the language pack (repeat this if you have more than one pack installed)

In the popup adjust the 'Locale' dropdown if you have options of formats. If you cannot change this, contact your host and ask for the " en_GB locale" as that is DD/MM/YY

2 hours ago, Mack_au said:

I had no idea this existed until yesterday when someone told me a date looked the wrong way.

@AndyF Perhaps setting a locale could made part of the upgrade process.

You're welcome. :)

I'll pass the suggestion you made onto the appropriate personnel.

What would you envisage ? Just a page where it shows your current locale and offers (if others are available) a list/dropdown to change it ? Similar to the lang page now but minus the naming option.

8 hours ago, AndyF said:

You'll need to change the locale as by default it will use the US (MM/DD/YY) format.

ACP >  Customisation > Languages > Click the 'pencil' icon on the right hand side of the language pack (repeat this if you have more than one pack installed)

In the popup adjust the 'Locale' dropdown if you have options of formats. If you cannot change this, contact your host and ask for the " en_GB locale" as that is DD/MM/YY

Amazing! I would of never found that :rofl::thumbsup: Thanks

18 hours ago, AndyF said:

You're welcome. :)

I'll pass the suggestion you made onto the appropriate personnel.

What would you envisage ? Just a page where it shows your current locale and offers (if others are available) a list/dropdown to change it ? Similar to the lang page now but minus the naming option.

Perhaps it could be on the dashboard following an upgrade to a new version to check the locale settings.

I'd also suggest adding something on the General Configuration page.

Archived