Problem with after-update tasks

Hello,

After update from IPB 3.4.9 to current version I face many problems with  performance issues. It is connected with after-update tasks like rebuilding post count, etc.
We were assured that completing that process is matter of few days, but now it tajes iver 1,5 month and the end is not even near. The main problem it is creating very high page load and for normal users speed of page is dramatically low. I am aware that main reason of that "extra" time is connected with size of my site, but results for community is tragic.

I was looking through technical topics, even contacted with official support but with no clear method and answer how to deal with this problem. Is there anything possible to fix it?

What's the size of your board? What method are you using to trigger the tasks ?Is your board active? That's an important point if you use the "online visitors method". Have you tried running the background tasks manually? 

15 hours ago, AlexJ said:

Took around 15-16 hrs for my smaller community when I run the task as cron job. Are you running the task as cron job? 

Yes, every 60 seconds.

15 hours ago, Daniel F said:

What's the size of your board? What method are you using to trigger the tasks ?Is your board active? That's an important point if you use the "online visitors method". Have you tried running the background tasks manually? 

Over 1 milion users, over 13 milion posts. Yes, the board is active and yes I've tried running tasks manually, but after 3-4 minutes of running them I get Error 500 and the progress is minimal like 0,01% or less.

On 7/5/2017 at 6:28 AM, haleluay said:

Yes, every 60 seconds.

Over 1 milion users, over 13 milion posts. Yes, the board is active and yes I've tried running tasks manually, but after 3-4 minutes of running them I get Error 500 and the progress is minimal like 0,01% or less.

U should definitely contact IPS staff through ticket. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8.07.2017 at 5:34 PM, AlexJ said:

U should definitely contact IPS staff through ticket. 

I have done it, but with no help. they suggested that is fault of our servers, but we have strong configuration which worked well before update.

The worst part is that our community is suffering significant lags and slowdowns...

Archived