Not run plugin IF Tapatalk. How can I detect Tapatalk?

SJ77

Hi I have a great plugin but if accessing my site through tapatalk it messes things up.

Is there an easy way to detect if user is using tapatalk?  Plugin developer says he can make an "If statement" but doesn't know how to detect Tapatalk presence.

if (Tapatalk) {
    */ don't run plugin
} else
    */ run plugin
}

Something like the above... any tips? How can I detect Tapatalk?

6 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

The app uses a specific user agent (unless a user switches to force it to use a mobile user agent)

Are you suggesting that the plugin already isn't executing?
The plugin we are talking about causes image attachments to be thumbnails in forum post.  In tapatalk it seems to be using the thumbnail instead of the full version of image which looks horrible and is why developer wants to detect Tapatalk and have the plugin not execute.

Can I detect tapatalk user agent ?

5 hours ago, superj707 said:

Are you suggesting that the plugin already isn't executing?
The plugin we are talking about causes image attachments to be thumbnails in forum post.  In tapatalk it seems to be using the thumbnail instead of the full version of image which looks horrible and is why developer wants to detect Tapatalk and have the plugin not execute.

Can I detect tapatalk user agent ?

Taptalk app including BYO usually have "Tapatalk" in the user agent, just tell your plugin to not execute for that useragent.

Archived