Slight Modifications to FORUM layout...removal of clutter

TheSkyLounge.tv

Hi everyone, another noob question as I learn more about the system. I'm looking at removing a few pieces of data from the forum list view, see image below...

• Remove extra tags

• Remove number of replies

• Remove latest interaction member data

• Move tag above title for cleaner look.

I'd appreciate any and all help getting this sorted, it would result in a much cleaner interface for our use.  URL for live view is: http://www.theskylounge.tv/forum/70-main-forum/

S0unHe3.jpg

1 minute ago, MADMAN32395 said:

maybe @TAMAN knows what elements to comment out or remove to achieve what you're looking for?

why me its not my theme haha but the used colors are exactly of magnum theme :ph34r:

---

39 minutes ago, TheSkyLounge.tv said:

Remove extra tags

• Remove number of replies

• Remove latest interaction member data

Move tag above title for cleaner look.

do you want to remove tags or move it above title? 

anyways you can just hide it without editing templates

add this to custom.css.  this will hide the last poster info and replies.

.cForumTopicTable>li>.ipsDataItem_stats>li:first-child,.cForumTopicTable>li>.ipsDataItem_lastPoster{display:none}

7 minutes ago, TheSkyLounge.tv said:

@Tazman Thank you for your help, as for moving the tags...Is the "prefix/tag" the same data as the general "tags" ? Because ideally I'd love to keep the first tag only since we use it as the "category".  then hide other tags.

remove the other css i posted and use this instead. 

.cForumTopicTable>li>.ipsDataItem_stats>li:first-child,.cForumTopicTable>li>.ipsDataItem_lastPoster,.cForumTopicTable>li>.ipsDataItem_main>.ipsDataItem_meta>.ipsTags {display:none}

this will hide tags but not the prefix :) 

@TAMAN This worked BEAUTIFULLY! Thank you so much for the help, and to @MADMAN32395 for poking you haha. If there is any other way I could thank you, please let me know. 

I did notice that RSS tags are getting stretched across the entire length of title, if there is a way to limit that, i'm open to suggestions! Note in image below

WjY9vsd.png

11 minutes ago, TheSkyLounge.tv said:

@TAMAN This worked BEAUTIFULLY! Thank you so much for the help, and to @MADMAN32395 for poking you haha. If there is any other way I could thank you, please let me know. 

I did notice that RSS tags are getting stretched across the entire length of title, if there is a way to limit that, i'm open to suggestions! Note in image below

WjY9vsd.png

mmm i think it is by default like this on smaller screens, nothing has to do with the css code i posted

anyways where do you see that any page to check

Archived